Sunday, January 09, 2011

TRAIL MIX


I need something healthy to snack on, because I'm still full from Christmas and New Year's Eve!

There is half a Christmas cake left to eat. In the freezer, a meringue roulade, chocolate roulade, a variety of ice creams, Nigel Slater's Raspberries and Cream Ice, salmon, smoked salmon, sausage rolls, chipolata sausages, bacon, a gammon joint and red cabbage. In the naughty cupboard, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, Cadbury Heroes, meringue nests, a box of shortbread, and this is just to name a few of the things I have yet to get through. It would be too shameful to share with you the full list of leftover goodies, but lets say, I don't think I'll need to shop for treats for a long, long time to come.


Trail Mix

60g walnuts
65g almonds
70g pumpkin seeds
40g sunflower seeds
40g dried cranberries
40g dried papaya

Back soon!

8 comments:

Antonia said...

I know just how you feel, though we've been a little greedy with the Christmas cake and have nearly finished it. Chocolate roulade finished yesterday but still overflowing with naughty cheese, chocolate galore, mince pies etc... This trail mix would be far, far better for me!

Nicisme said...

I feel healthy just looking at it!!!

I understand about all the Christmas leftovers, I just sent my son off on his ski holiday with a humongous tin of chocolate biscuits and hubby is getting Xmas cake in his lunchbox everyday, poor chap!

The Caked Crusader said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a naughty cupboard! Actually, it's more like a naughty kitchen....

Kath said...

I laughed out loud about the naughty cupboard. I love it. That trail mix sounds so delicious that it can't possibly be healthy, can it?

Maggie said...

Kath - kidology!!!

Heavenly Housewife said...

With all of those delicious goodies, you know this is going to taste fantastic!
Have a great weekend a head.
*kisses* HH

Gloria said...

Look really yummy!gloria

Lin, pain d'├ępices et chocolat said...

No problem, Margaret, I'm coming to help you finish all those left overs!
That mix looks fantastic.
Oh.. another thing: I have had the opportunity to try the Google translator: it works very well, so you were right, I won't translate the recipes into English anymore

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...