Monday, February 21, 2011

BROCCOLI AND STILTON SOUP WITH STILTON CROUTONS

A bowl of warm homemade soup, especially on a cold grey day, is a joy.

If you have any left over pieces of Stilton Cheese in the freezer, this recipe is perfect for using them up. The soup doesn't take too long to make, and you are rewarded with a wonderful pan of freshly made soup. I'm not suggesting for one minute you should make the baguette to go with the soup.........

The recipe is by Antony Worrall Thompson from his days as presenter of Saturday Kitchen and can be found on the BBC Food Website.

9 comments :

Antonia said...

Perfect for the chilly weather. We still have lots of pots of turkey stock left in the freezer from Christmas and it makes a delicious base for soups like this.

Dom at Belleau Kitchen said...

oh I love a bowl of Stilton and Broccoli soup... packs such a punch of flavour... but most of all I love those croutons... divine!

Choclette said...

I've never actually made this soup but keep thinking I should as it sounds just my sort of thing. Like the stilton on toast idea to go with it too.

johnboy said...

I love Broccoli cheese soup, but I can't say I know this "STILTON"
Looks great though.

Hazel said...

I am very much into my blue cheese at the moment and it is awfully wet and cold outside - this seems like the perfect solution to brighten my day! My mouth is watering for those stilton croutons...

The Caked Crusader said...

Lovely. Those croutons look good enough to eat on their own...but with the soup - divine!

Lin, pain d'épices et chocolat said...

It will be quite easy for me to find a good fresh baguette... but not the Stilton Cheese!... but we have Roquefort, Bleu des Causses and Bleu d'Auvergne...

Sammie said...

I've never made broccoli soup but I love broccoli and my husband does too. We have some cold days ahead and this looks like a great rainy day lunch!

sophiesfoodiefiles said...

MMMMMMMMM,...What a delectable & tasty soup!!

I love all of his tasty recipes! He rocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...