Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans Cupcakes



It seems that once I get a theme going, I just don't know when to stop. Not so long ago, it was cupcakes and flowers and now it is cupcakes and chocolate.

Mr W and I went on a shopping spree for cake toppings and to make the cupcakes even more calorific, I have a box overflowing with wonderful chocolate cake toppings. The great thing about this theme is, I/we get to eat any decorations that are left over.

I made a vanilla cake base, piped with buttercream and simply topped them with these fabulous chocolate covered coffee beans from Waitrose.


You will need: A muffin tin lined with 12 cupcake cases

115g softened butter, 115g caster sugar, 115g self raising flour, 2 eggs, 1-2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

1. Beat together the butter and caster sugar until soft and fluffy. Add the eggs slowly to the mixture, together with the vanilla extract and milk. Fold in the flour.
2. Divide the batter between 12 cupcake cases and cook in a preheated oven 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden.

Buttercream Icing


250g unsalted butter, 500g icing sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon hot water

Simply mix all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.

8 comments :

Kennedy said...

Wow! You are SO talented. I am definitely making these... they look delish! Congratulations n all your amazing talent - keep it up!

Choclette said...

And very pretty they look too. I didn't know Waitrose did the chocolate coffee beans, but I'll know to look out for them now. Thank you.

Kyla said...

You always manage to make me drool with hunger. I HAVE to make these. I love chocolate-covered coffee beans. I never thought of putting them on top of cupcakes, though. Sounds incredibly delicious.

Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great day!

The Caked Crusader said...

You're on a roll with your cupcakes at the moment! I agree with your comment about chocolate decorations - I'm sure I eat far more than ever make it to the cakes!

Heavenly Housewife said...

THose coffee beans make a great topping, and those cupcakes look so professional :D great job!
*kisses* HH

Hazel said...

I always go through phases with food... whether it's a restaurant or what I'm cooking or what I'm blogging or what I'm eating! Totally addicted to chocolate coated coffee beans. I still have some chocolate chilli ones in my cupboard! Whittard do a wonderful collection but I'm not sure if they are still around?! I look forward to more calorific chocolate cupcake posts! :)

Maggie said...

Hazel - I think most Whittard stores have disappeared but next time I see one I will pop in and take a look.

Nic said...

Beautiful! I'll look out for the beans in my local Waitrose, thank you Maggie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...