Friday, June 22, 2012

Review: Welch's Grape Juice

A while back I was invited to a Welch's Mocktail O'Clock Class. Unfortunately, I was unable to go and they kindly sent me a carton of their new 100% Pure Rosé Grape Juice to try, along with some recipes.

The Rosé Grape Juice includes a blend of white and red grapes.  For my Rosé Summer Garden Mocktail, all I had to do was take one glass, pour in 200ml Welch's Rosé Grape Juice, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 50ml sparkling water, top with lots of crushed ice and decorate with a sprig of mint.  I loved this, it was light, refreshing, full flavoured, and the hint of mint came through perfectly. The mocktail would be lovely served at a BBQ on a warm sunny day.
I was sent a voucher to try the Purple Grape Juice and I enjoyed this one too. Both juices definitely benefited from being poured over ice and they made a lovely non-alchoholic drink.

Displaying the heart check mark of approval, these juices have been certified as a heart-healthy food by H.E.A.R.T UK, a leading cholesterol charity.

A 200ml glass of any Welch's 100% Pure Grape Juice represents one portion of fruit a day and the cartons can be found in the chiller cabinet of leading supermarkets.  

Thank you Lisa for the review samples.


The Caked Crusader said...

The purple grape juice is one of my favourites - so fruity and syrupy but not at all sickly

Maggie said...

CC - I agree:) but the Rose one is lovely too.