|Pineapple Tart Tatin made with fresh pineapple|
|The pineapple rings sitting on top of the set caramel|
|It's best to make a few slits in the pastry lids|
I hope you have a go at making this delicious dessert.......
Serves: 4 people:
You will need: 4 x deep individual tart tins
4 x 2cm slices of ripe pineapple
50g caster sugar
cube of butter
375g puff pastry
1. Roll out the pastry - cut out four circles slightly larger than the tops of the tart tins.
2. Remove the core from the centre of the pineapple slices, this is easily done with an apple corer.
3. Take a small saucepan and add the sugar to the pan. Set over a medium heat until it turns golden brown, add the butter, let it melt and bubble.
4. Pour into the four tins and place in the fridge until set.
5. Take a pineapple ring and place on the top of the caramel.
6. Spoon a teaspoon of rum into the centre of each pineapple ring.
7. Take a pastry lid and place over the pineapple and with the help of the handle of a teaspoon, tuck the pastry edges in to encase the pineapple. Make a few slits in the pastry lids. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200oC.
9. Place the tarts onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
10. Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife round the tins and place a plate over the tin and turn upside down. Beware the caramel can still be hot and it is safest to use a tea towel to help you remove the tins.
11. Serve with ice cream.