14 Apr 2014

Knorr Flavour Pots - Review

Garlic, Peppercorn, Curry, Chilli, Mixed Herbs
I missed out - Knorr recently held a Chef's Table event - it was held in London and I live in the West Midlands.  The good news - they have kindly sent me a Knorr Flavour Pot Mystery Box Challenge.....so let's see how I got on.
Delicious selection of fresh and store cupboard ingredients
I melted a few pieces of dark chocolate and stirred in a small amount of the Chilli Flavour Pot to make a delicious dark Belgian chocolate and chilli sauce........

Griddled pineapple served with the delicious chilli chocolate sauce
We have had some really tasty meals over the last week using the Flavour Pots.........Risotto, Lamb Shanks, Peppercorn Chicken and Chicken Curry...........


I used the mixed herbs Flavour Pot and made a risotto. All I needed to do was stir half the pot into the risotto when it was almost finished cooking. I like vegetarian risotto and after taking the photograph I topped my bowl with some cooked field mushrooms and more Parmesan cheese.  The Mixed Herb Flavour Pot was a fabulous addition and definitely improved the taste of the dish.  I shy away from photographing risotto because it isn't the prettiest of dishes but more than makes up for this with taste.

Lamb shanks cooked slowly for three hours, in red wine, chopped tomatoes and chick peas............
I used half a pot of Mixed Herb Flavour Pot and half a pot of the Garlic Flavour Pot which made the finished dish delicious.

I thinly smeared the chicken fillets with Dijon mustard and then spread over a 3 Peppercorn Flavour Pot.  Fry the chicken fillets to brown, add white vermouth, chicken stock and creme fraiche to the pan. Cook gently for a few minutes.  Add chopped parsley and serve.  Mmmm delicious and the Peppercorn Flavour Pot is definitely a winner.

I cooked a very simple chicken curry using a chopped onion, cubes of chicken fillets, a tin of chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, mango chutney and added the Curry Flavour Pot - plenty of spices here to keep us very happy.
  • The Flavour Pots are very versatile and can be kept in the store cupboard
  • Use the pots to your taste and any left over can be kept in the fridge for seven days
  • Will I use them again? Definitely, they are a brilliant product
The Knorr Flavour Pots have been created by Knorr Chef, Cameron Healy.
Gluten Free
No artificial flavour enhancers, colours or preservatives
Suitable for vegetarians
RRP £1.59 for a pack of 4 pots

Disclaimer:  I was sent products for review purposes, all thoughts are my own.

Thank you for the review products.