You've just got to love a non-stick fry pan that will saute on the hob and is happy to go into the oven too. This is a really good looking pan and the weight feels just right for a multitasker,
The pan sent to me for review measures 26cm and one of its stand out features is the tough non-stick due to a revolutionary new titanium-based formula Quantanium, and is free from PFOA. The 'stone' effect finish on the non-stick coating is scratch-resistant and comes with the Stellar 5 year guarantee.
There are five heavy duty frying pans in the range measuring from 20cm to 30cm. Made from thick aluminium for perfect heat distribution which avoids those annoying hot spots.
The pan can be used on all hobs including induction. Another great feature is the hollow cast riveted handle for strength and durability and the pan can be used in the oven up to a maximum temperature of 210°C.
I tested the pan by making Pan Haggerty, a very old British recipe, which is basically layered potatoes, onions and cheese. It is easy to make, requires using the hob (mine is induction), and is then finished off in the oven. The recipe can be quite challenging because you want those lovely brown sticky bits in the base of the pan for flavour but without the potatoes sticking.
Delicious Pan Haggerty fresh from the oven.......I covered the handle with a tea towel to remind me the pan handle is hot and to avoid burns.
Step by step Pan Haggerty......
You will need:
675g potatoes such as Maris Piper
1 onion sliced
100g extra mature Cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Slice the onion, add a small amount of butter tter and oil to the pan, cook gently for a few minutes to soften. Remove the onions from the pan.
2. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly.
3. Place a layer of potatoes onto the base of the pan, scatter over a few of the onions followed by grated cheese and season.
4. Layer the remaining ingredients finishing with a layer of cheese.
5. Cover the pan with foil and place into a 180°C oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Remove the foil from the pan and continue cooking until the cheese is bubbling.
To see the range of pans please visit Stellar Cookware.
Disclaimer: We were sent the product for review.