Sunday, July 10, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes


I couldn't resist buying a box of White Chocolate Raspberries dusted with freeze dried raspberries, from Marks & Spencer, this beautifully designed box sold them to me immediately.


I could have just eaten the lot, but I decided to top some cupcakes with them and share the remainder with my husband, I would have felt guilty forever if I hadn't saved him any chocolates.

Makes: 12

You will need:

115g butter at room temperature, 115g caster sugar, 2 eggs, 115g self-raising flour, 2 tablespoons milk, grated zest of 1 lemon.

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Sift over the flour and fold in by hand. Stir in the milk and lemon zest.
4. Spoon heaped tablespoons of batter into each paper case and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before decorating.

Buttercream Icing

This recipe isn't as rich as a normal buttercream icing because my husband finds the topping a bit much.

You will need: 167g softened butter, 500g sifted icing sugar, two tablespoons hot boiled water.

Simply whisk all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.

3 comments :

Dom at Belleau Kitchen said...

ooooooooh Marks and Spencer... aren't they MARVELOUS!!!!... never seen these beauties before but rest assured they're going in the shopping basket next trip!... lovely cupcakes too!

The Caked Crusader said...

What a beautiful cupcake! I am aware of the chocolate raspberries - the choco strawberries are great too. I love the way they melt in your mouth

Janice said...

Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...