I love desserts, and Banoffee Pie has to be one of my favourites. It isn't a dessert I make very often, but when I do, it's heaven.
Mine are individual pies purely because I like to give my cooking rings some work to do every now and again.
The only twist to this classic recipe is to put some ground ginger into the crumb base, not too much, otherwise it will overpower the pies.
Merchant Gourmet have sent me a jar of their very popular Dulce de Leche Caramel Toffee to use in a recipe and I couldn't think of anything better than this classic pie, also it's wonderful to eat straight from the jar.
To serve: 6 people
You will need: six buttered 9cm or 10cm metal rings.
4 bananas, sliced
1 lemon, juice only
150g digestive biscuits
75g unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
450g jar Merchant Gourmet Banoffee Toffee Dulce de Leche
284ml carton of whipping cream, lightly whipped
plain chocolate shavings, for decoration
1. Toss the sliced bananas in the lemon juice and put to one side.
2. Put the biscuits in a food processor and whiz to crumbs. Add the melted butter and ginger, if using, and process for a minute or so to combine.
3. Put the metal rings on to a sheet of baking parchment on a tray. Press the biscuit crumbs into each ring. You can now put the tray into the fridge for the crumbs to firm up.
4. Remove the tray from the fridge and put a layer of toffee sauce (how much or how little is up to you) onto the crumb mixture.
5. Top the toffee sauce with the banana slices.
6. Carefully remove the rings.
7. Pipe or spoon on the cream, sprinkle with chocolate shavings and chill.
Thank you to Merchant Gourmet and Rebecca.